Wednesday, May 27, 2009

new sheets and duvet cover



Whenever I buy a sheet set, I usually turn the flat sheet that comes with the set into a duvet cover by simply sewing another piece of fabric the same size (usually another flat sheet stored in the linen closet). It's the easiest sewing project. Just three straight lines and a few buttons or snaps at the last side to close.
I never end up using the flat sheet since it just gets all pushed around into the corner, leaving an uncomfortable hassle. Do you know what I mean?
But there are always cuter and cheaper sheets to choose from when you buy them in a set right?
Well, although the weather here in SoCal has been just unpredictable, I had been meaning to change my son's winter flannel sheets to some cooler cotton ones. Plus these sheets were on sale at Target so I couldn't resist. I love how they have shabby chic and now dwell...

0 comments: