Sunday, May 17, 2009

four sweet lovies, Pipi and a grey bubble dress

I finished my latest lovies and I am really in love with them. It's so fun seeing each doll's expression come alive and I just love how their faces come from my subconscious love for my kids. What I mean by that is - I must subconsciously picture my kids when I make each lovey because they all end up resembling them one way or another. I'm sure you artist moms out there understand what I'm talking about.




This one I'm naming Carmen because she reminds me of the musical with her red and the hair bows look like hoop earrings that Carmen would wear.

and this one I'm calling Precious because she reminds of those Precious Moments characters.

This one is Pipi because she reminds of Pipi Longstocking, my Heroine from childhood (although I later found out the actor playing her part was really a boy and was devastated!). While all the girls were playing with their barbies or Cabbage Patch Kids, I adored Pipi and wanted to be her. That red hair with pink bows alongside a onesie of skull/guitar is so Pipi right? Any other Pipi Longstocking lovers out there?

and here is another bubble halter dress I finished. I don't think the pictures do them justice. I think with cotton, you really need to feel them to appreciate them. The cotton on these bubble skirts are so soft, excellent quality. I adore bibs on dresses but still appreciate simple design so I tried to keep it mellow with the three rows of ruffle from a floral linen fabric which texture I think contrasted well with the casual, soft cotton.

Hopefully my daughter will help me out and model this one for my etsy photo but I should be so lucky....

My to do box of sewing is filling up faster than I'm creating. Wish I had more time to just sit and sew. While I think this, I also crave another baby...gosh I'm quite the greedy mom. My hubby doesn't seem too thrilled with this idea so I guess my love for sewing will continue.
Happy Monday!

1 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Oooh I'm love with your little dolls. They're so sweet!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and entering into the giveaway.

It was such a fun week and I'm grateful that you took the time to participate. Thanks. xx