Monday, December 27, 2010

baby clothes to doll clothes

After watching my daughter make doll clothes out of the Styrofoam sheets that came in the box holding her Christmas gifts plus some tape, I felt kind of ashamed that I hadn't already sewn her some doll clothes after claiming myself a sewist.
so, I went to the awesomeness of the Internet and all the sewing blogs in existence and searched for some inspiration for doll clothes.
I found this sweet blog with a tutorial of turning baby clothes to doll clothes and went to work.
I did a combination of using this tutorial for the top part and this other tutorial from the same blog for the bottom part using three old onesies. oh, and then used this tutorial for the matching hats by this cool blog. There are so many great blogs for sewing, I just love them and could spend too many hours exploring them. *sigh*
Well here are my results...

Think my daughter will have some fun with these. I'm so bad at before and after photos. wish I took one of the Styrofoam get up too LOL!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comments:

Dubem said...

Hi friends,

Oh how lovely… I never got handmade clothing for my dolls when I was little… must’ve been awesome to have matching clothes!
18 Doll Clothes