Thursday, February 18, 2010

vicariously through my kids

Before I became a mom, I truly enjoyed clothes. my closet contains a collection of patterned, textured skirts that is now collecting dust but once made me quite happy. Everyday I chose an outfit that started off my day and I really felt good once a cute one was put together.
Once I had my kids, that love was shifted to my kids and I realized the other day that now I do it for my children. It's been over 4 years since I've gone shopping for myself and now I only enjoy browsing through the children's section. I guess my love for fabric was always there since I now sew and have a fabric collection I don't really need (you sewers know what I mean) but seeing those outfits on my lil girl and boy brings that smile I once had with my own outfits.
I hope they don't look back at their pictures and say "mom, I can't believe you dressed me like that!" lol!!

0 comments: