Thursday, July 9, 2009

ladybug halter and patterns (my first ever purchased)

Another halter made from a kitchen towel purchased at Anthropologie. It has adorable embroidery of bugs that even girls can appreciate.

I've been going through kind of a weird phase just bored with my usual sewing. I'm such a beginner sewer that I haven't yet explored using patterns but the styles of today's patterns are really not very inviting in my taste. so of course I explored etsy and it's vintage patterns. I found that I favored 50's and 60's styles for children and ended up purchasing these from http://www.MyraMelinda.etsy.com pics also from her shop:
I can't wait to learn from these but reading patterns is definitely something new for me and will require lots of trial and error.
Wish me luck!

1 comments:

BabyLuxDesign said...

i don't know where you live, but here in Denver a great place to pick up $0.25 vintage patterns is the goodwill or any of the local thirft stores!
happy pattern reading!