Saturday, June 27, 2009

pink halter as girly as can be

Just finished this cute halter dress for a fellow mommy at my kids' preschool. She has a gorgeous daughter with the most gorgeous brown curls and she favors anything pink and girly. I tried to make this halter as girly as I could in my mind without exploding in laces and pink so this is what came out. just a dash of cream lace, two pink buttons and one more to hold up the halter neck in the sweetest pink shade and a slightly laced trim to finish it off. oh, and of course my fabric of choice, Daisy Chain by none other than Amy Butler. Her color combinations are always just right.

This is a size 5 so it's obviously big on my daughter who's a size three.


Next is to create a matching doll. Can't wait to get started once my kids allow it. I'm surprised Addy even modeled this for me. I think she liked this dress so I may have to make one for her too. :)

I want to make a doll with a head of curls like this gorgeous girl has so that is my current crafting dilemma since all the dolls' hairs I've done so far don't really resemble curls. hmmm....it'll probably end up with some type of yarn I'm thinking. any suggestions out there??

well, you'll see what I come with on new posting. wish me luck and happy weekend everyone! :)

0 comments: