Monday, June 8, 2009

Father's Day Gifts



For the past couple of weeks, I've been doing a lot of cutting and preparing of new dolls, halters and skirts but haven't done any completing thus leaving this blog abandoned so I wanted to share a project my kids just did at Home Depot.


Home Depot has a kids program that occurs every first Saturday of the month. It's really great. This was my first time taking my kids and they enjoyed it so much. They got to make Father's Day gifts (a tool/nail sorter). Home Depot provided them with aprons and a pin with a picture of what they made that day. I noticed other kids with aprons filled with pins of what they completed. I'm already excited about adding another pin to my kids' aprons! :)


if you're interested, here's a link to the kids program of Home Depot. It says the program was designed for kids ages 5-12 but my kids are 2 and 4 and they did fine with me doing most of the nailing. :)

Hope to get some sewing done soon. I've cut out about 15 patterns for skirts so I'm excited to see what they turn out like.

Have a great week!

0 comments: