Friday, August 7, 2009

jumpers for girls, my new fav


I've really taken a liking to jumpers lately. I think it's because my daughter is such a tomboy and just refuses to wear skirts.
they are pretty easy to make. I started out doing a refashion of this XL women's camisole that I got on clearance thinking I'd use it for a sewing project and it turned out pretty good:

now mind you, I'm a beginner sewist only sewing for about half a year and self taught through brain power and the web of course. so I was quite bold when I decided to use this awesome Japanese double gauze fabric to make a jumper from scratch. I have to say I'm really happy with it's result and am even working on a tutorial for it. check it out:

I can't wait for Addy to wear it tomorrow! I'm so in love with this fabric right now. it's amazingly soft and light. If only I can get them at a better price!

2 comments:

dana said...

We're thinking alike! How funny! I like the addition of the gathering in back and the pockets. All of it very cute!

kristena marie said...

That is so stinkin' adorable!!! I love it.